Down for the Count... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 - Episode 7

Have you ever had one of those moments when someone makes a statement that hits you so hard you feel as though you are the recipient of a Mike Tyson sucker punch? Well our intrepid entrepreneur was all caught up in one of those moments at the end of the last installment. Scroll down to find out if it was K.O. or a standing count.
If you are new to the blog, WELCOME, thanks for joining us. You can “CATCH UP HERE” on previous episodes before continuing on.

 July 2014

“Miss King, Miss King Can you hear me?”

I snapped back to the present. The food and beverage manager was waving his hand in front of my face. I looked at him with complete disdain.

“Yes I heard you”

Never in my life had I wanted to hit a person with a chair more. I was angry, livid in fact. Disappointed and annoyed. This this this…. Person had just informed me that I was the perfect candidate for the job but………. I WAS TOO OLD!!


WHAT!! Is this man for real? Too old? What the hell! Is it even legal to tell someone that? I asked him if he was serious and was told that they wanted someone under the age of 30. The look of disdain swept across my face once again. I gathered up my bag and portfolio, and was about to leave but I did have just one thing I wanted to say.

 I asked the food and beverage manager if he understood basic arithmetic. Now it was his turn to look incredulous. So I asked the question a second time.

“Do you understand basic arithmetic?”

“How could I possibly have with job if I could not add and subtract” he snapped.

“Then I assume you slept your way to the top. You have had my CV since yesterday; you have walked around with it in your hand the entire time I’ve been here. My CV clearly states my date of birth. If you were someone who could comprehend basic arithmetic you would not have wasted my time and yours with this second interview.”

With that I swept out the room with great dramatic effect, the only thing I had left to use as ammunition. To say I was a trifle upset would be like saying the Sahara desert is a tad warm. GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT! If it was possible for a car to run on anger I would not have had to refuel for at least a month.

Why was youth more important than knowledge and experience? Why was light skin more acceptable than dark skin? Why was it that in 2014 questions like that still needed to be asked? And more importantly, will a time ever come when sexism, racism and ageism are no longer an issue?

 **************************** 

Join me next time to find out if this is the end of the line.

 **CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE LINK ON THE RIGHT TO MAKE SURE YOU NEVER MISS AN INSTALLMENT**

 Love Carol xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your two cents worth in the Comments. But play nicely :)

Powered by Blogger.